• What data do we collect?
• How do we collect your data?
• How will we use your data?
• How do we store your data?
• What are your data protection rights?
• What are cookies?
• What types of cookies do we use?
• How to manage your cookies
• Privacy policies of other websites
• How to contact us
• How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Confnow collects the following data:
• Personal identification information (Name and email address)
• Institution for working or reasearching
• Academic title
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Confnow with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online as a simple conference registered user
• Submit a paper for the current conference we are managing
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback via email
Confnow may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
• Submissions of other paper authors where you are registered as co-author (meaning your name and email are filled in)
How will we use your data?
Confnow collects your data so that we can:
• View and manage your submitted paper(s)
• Email you with any needed feedback concerning the submission process as well as the reviewing process, if requested by the current conference policies
• Email you with confirmation about your registration to the conference as participant
• Forward your email and amount to pay to an external payment system (Paypal or BancaSella) for the only purpose of completing the payment itself
If you agree and if requested by the conference policies, Confnow will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their services
When Confnow processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Confnow securely stores your data at SiteGround hosting servers, and specifically in a single database.
Confnow will keep your data for as long as the hosted conference organizing and scientific committee will ask us to do so. At any rate this will be for no more than 10 years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by erasing the database.
Confnow would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Confnow from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please write to email@example.com with subject “[Cancel marketing agreement]”.
What are your data protection rights?
Confnow would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Confnow for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Confnow correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Confnow erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Confnow restrict the processing of your personal data, under the condition that the hosted conference scientific committee agrees with it.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Confnow’s processing of your personal data, under the condition that the hosted conference scientific committee agrees with it.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Confnow transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under the condition that the hosted conference scientific committee agrees with it.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
• Keeping you signed in
• Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in.
• A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Google Analytics cookies might be use for the only purposes of tracking anonymously the browsing of our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Confnow has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the “Garante per la protezione dei dati personali”: